Welcome and hello. This is the official website for Dee Gordon, Essex writer.
What you can find on this website
- An introduction to me and my books
- All about my writing – in various genres
- Find out how I started and what inspired me
- Why I specialise in local (Essex and East London) history
- See a complete list of my published books
- Read extracts from my published books
- Find out where you can buy my books
- See some of my reviews, awards and commendations
- My contact details if you have any questions or comments
- Find out when, where or how you can meet me
- Check out my plans for the future
- What talks and workshops I can give to your club or group
- Me and my writing - An overview from book one to latest book
- Any individual book – The research and content
(Note: Essex Land Girls also available as Powerpoint presentation)
- Want to write? - How I did it and how you can do it
- Writing local history
- Combining a caring role with writing
- The growth of Southend as a seaside town
- Famous people from Southend
- Southend Women During the Great War (Powerpoint Presentation)
Fee for talks
A minimum £50 donation to Southend Mencap.
Note: signed books available to attendees at a discount.
You choose the venue or there is a free facility (ie charitable donation only) at 12 Royal Mews for up to a dozen people, opposite a public car park, but without disabled access.
The fee is by arrangement. Any size group considered - minimum 2 hours, or a whole day or series is also possible. Just let me know what you are interested in.
- Getting Published
- The Correct Use of the Apostrophe (by popular demand!)
LOCAL HISTORY WALKS
Donation of minimum £5 a head for Southend Mencap. At least four people can join me for a one hour walk around Southend's historic and fascinating conservation area. Lots to see and talk about, weather permitting. Times by arrangement with your group or family.
YOU CAN ALSO BOOK DEE TO SPEAK AT YOUR OWN CLUB EVENT - SHE RAISES HUNDREDS OF POUNDS FOR SOUTHEND MENCAP EVERY YEAR DOING THIS ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR A HUGE VARIETY OF CLUBS AND GROUPS. EMAIL FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Note that many talks and workshops have already been booked for 2014 by a whole raft of local clubs, groups and societies, so the more notice the better.
Book Sales and Events
A list of my forthcoming events book sales, books launches, talks and other events, is posted on this website. (Note that most of my talks are booked by local clubs and groups, and are for their members only thus not open to the public, sorry.)